Friday, May 28, 2010

Tissue Paper Boxes

Good morning, and happy weekend! I'm so excited to show you these super duper cute paper mache boxes that I covered in tissue paper!

I'm working on accessorizing my office, and found these guys begging to be dressed up with paper, ribbon, and flowers...plus they were 50% off at Hobby Lobby! Woowho!

Here's the finished product:

And here's how I got there:


Lessons learned:
1) If your paper doesn't need to match up on the corners, then fold your tissue paper in fourths so you can cut out all the sides at the same time.

2) Put the lid on your box before you add the embellishments. My polka dot box got a little too close for comfort.

3) Be gentle when smoothing out the bubbles, you are working with tissue paper.

4) You don't notice the little rips...do you? :)

Think about all the fun places you could use these storage boxes. I'm thinking my next set will be for my little guy's bedroom...right next to the changing station!

Erin

13 comments:

  1. Nice job!!! I think they are super cute!!! I'm stopping by from Tatertots and Jello Weekend Wrapup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well my goodness.

    your blog is a complete gem.

    i am so glad that i am here.

    and

    i am excited to see what you post next!

    -ang

    greensubmarinediydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erin, Welcome to blogland! I'm still learning so much, in fact i just added a Blogger Friend Connect on my side bar...Yea! I figured it out!

    I love your blog...I found it through BlogFrog. Your storage boxes are super cute. I love the colors.

    I just posted my very first tutorial: Scrabble Tile Pendants
    Come check it out at:
    http://debbiesaenz.typepad.com
    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and clever project! Love the color combo and the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your new blog. Thanks for your sweet comment, too. Here's to finding new blogging buddies! -- Teresa @ It's A Good Day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following you back...
    These are Awesome and absolutely my first project when we get back from our trip!! How fun - thanks for sharing :-) (and visiting)

    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. <3 this one! Super cute & functional!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! They look super cute! I just adore any kind of extra storage - Fabulous job! Thanks so much for joining The Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it! Hope you are enjoying your week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! I love these! I will be featuring them tomorrow at iheartnaptime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. soo cute! i love these! i love finding pretty ways to hide my junk :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are just darling!! Great job! Bet your office is looking so cute and organized!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)