Thursday, May 27, 2010

Office Mural

Well, here I am! I'm so excited to make my very first post to my Crafts & Sutch blog. I've been truly inspired by so many crafty women in my life, and just recently discovered the craft blog world. Wow! I want to be a part of it too! :)

My first post has been a labor of love and has taught be sometimes Plan B is way better than Plan A. This past year I started to work from home and I needed a space that I wouldn't mind spending a lot of time in. I decided to paint a mural on one wall. I'm not an artist, just someone with a crafty bone and who isn't afraid to try something new.

I found an image on Google images of some modern flower silhouettes. I came up with my color scheme, and printed out my image. I borrowed a projector from my mom and traced the image on my wall (you could rent a projector from a teacher supply store or ask a teacher friend). I painted it with your normal, run of the mill craft paint and simply filled in the lines! Easy peasy!

As soon as I painted the swirls, I knew they were way too busy and needed a softer appearance. I took the wall paint and dry brushed over the swirls to give them a distressed finish (Plan B).


I love how it turned out! The total cost for this project was $6.97 ($2.98 for three bottles of craft paint and 3.99 for some paint brushes)! Not too shabby for a work of art!

Linking up to these super cool sites:

The Girl  CreativeShow and Tell GreengiveawaysHookingupwithHoHPonyTails and FishScales
Get your craft on Thurs.The Girl CreativeFollowMeFridaysDecor Mamma
Simply Designing sweetcharli"Favorite%2BThings%2BFridaybig%2Bbutton.jpg


Erin

14 comments:

  1. I love it! Great job painting the flowers on and the swirls really add a nice touch. I'm sure it makes your room a better place to spend time in, especially knowing you did it yourself!

    Donna :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job and I love the colors! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales~Party Time Thursday!

    terelauritsen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! This is beautiful! I totally love it.
    Thanks for following! I'm your 1st follower! I can't wait to see all of your creations. Glad you joined the craft world of blogging...

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori... Please join me next week for another great party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful mural! Wish I had your talent! Best of luck with the blog! (Found you on the girl creative...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute mural! I really like how it turned out!

    Thanks so much for linking up. I sure do hope to see you again next week! I look forward to seeing more fun items on your blog!

    ~Ashley
    www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for linking up to Favorite Things Friday! I love that! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just awesome! Saw you on the Simply Designing Link Party! :)

    www.steppingthrucrazy.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did an AWESOME job!! I LOVE it!!
    Thanks for sharing and linking up!! Have a safe and fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Keep it up you are doing great :)
    Bobbie
    iamonly1woman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad you stopped by my blog, and linked up! This blog is darling and I love this project! I am your newest follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi..I’m Barb….I am from Fri. Hodgepodge...You did a great job!! Welcome to blogland!
    I am your newest follower. I hope you will get a chance to visit my blog @ santasgiftshoppe.blogspot.com
    & get inspired by something for your family/home. I hope you will follow me as well. Nice to meet ya new friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. I thought it was vinyl at first. But I like it better because it's a one-of-a-kind.

    Nice job!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks excellent! Thanks so much for linking up!
    Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erin! This is great! You are very talented! Thanks for checking out my blog-- {homeandholidaykeepsakes.blogspot.com} I've really enjoyed looking at all your projects! I'm following you! :-)
    Jessica
    p.s. I'm doing a feature on my blog and was wondering if I could feature you on this project--just email me if you'd like to and we can set it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)