Wednesday, August 11, 2010

3, 2, ONE!

I simply cannot believe my little guy will be one next month!  Where has the time gone?  Well, of course being the uber planner that I am, I've already decided on a theme, designed the invites, and started buying some of the decorations.  :)  I'll be posting each stage of the prep, and then a finale post after the big day.  :)

Here are the invites that I made at picnik.com.  If you haven't checked it out, it is too much fun, and FREE!  It's got all of your basic photo editing features and some extra fun little tidbits to make super cute birthday invites, buttons for your blogs, etc.  

The theme for the party is an outer space/rocket/3, 2, ONE blastoff theme!  :)  I set the dimensions for the invite to be 5"x7" so I can have them printed up at Wal-Mart.  Easy peasy with a professional twist! :)

Here is the invite:

(click on the image to see it up close and personal)


What do you think?  :)  I found the invite lingo all over the web so if you helped to contribute, a big, giant thank you to you!

P.S.  These invites are going to be sent out in brown paper envelopes with "Top Secret" stamps on them.  :)  I'll post a pic when they are ready.

Erin

13 comments:

  1. Super cute, Erin! I had no idea that Picnik had so many options. Can't wait to see the rest of the party planning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are super cute!! and I LOVE picnik too!
    I love the idea of 'top secret' envelopes. Can't wait to see how it all turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so cute and that invitation is adorable! I can't believe that the little Monkey will be one. It seems like it wasn't that long ago that you were pregnant! Time has flown by and he continues to get cuter and cuter! Your a great mom E!! That little guy is one lucky fellow!
    :D Let's go out for fish and chips next week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable! I didn't realize you could do invites there too. I have really been enjoying picknik for editing photos and graphics but clearly I will have to play even more! Congrats on your little guy turning 1. The time FLIES!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! Great idea! My lil man is also turning one in September (how is that possible!!!)so I'm definitely on the hunt for inspiring ideas for his celebration. I'll be watching ya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just wanted to let you know about another great blog hop! Feel free to add your link!

    http://momsreview4you.blogspot.com/p/blog-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just followed for you via a blog hop -now you are nearly at 200 followers yay! I loved your description of yourself ('I can make that' syndrome) Looking forward to more inspirations from you...Please check out my blogs http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ and http://homemadeforkids.blogspot.com/ Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally out of this world, awesome!!! We're having an alien theme for our son's 4th party. I love the brown envelope idea. I think I'll address ours from Area 51 ;-D.

    Brittany
    http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Erin!

    I just wanted to let you know that you won the Itz Fitz giveaway on my blog!! I'm not sure I had the right email for you and I wanted to be sure you got the message. Email me, and I will put you in touch with Jen [or you can directly contact her if you'd like]. Congrats! :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the idea my son is turning 5 soon and wants a Toy Story 3 party. I can do the count down from five then space ships. Never thought about Wal-mart for printing though, perfect and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute! I might have to borrow the concept when my little boy turns one. I still have 6 months...but you really can't start planning too early, can you?!?! :-)

    Thank you for linking up at www.simplydesigning.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute - I love making my own invitations!

    Susan,
    http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
    Party and Entertaining Inspiration

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)