Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bad Craft Day

Have you ever had a bad craft day?  Well, I had one today and I have to tell you, it's not so much fun.  This post will make you laugh and cry...from laughter!

I made this super cute bracelet last night!


Totally FUN, right?  So I woke up and started working on another one for a tutorial.  Well, it was a colossal bust...literally.  It busted open.  See.


So needless to say, I took a brake from the fabric covered bracelet.  It is salvageable, and there will be a tutorial...some day.  :)

On to craft project number two, a banner for Father's Day!  It's Keith's first Father's Day and I wanted to make it really special!  I thought an "I love Daddy" banner would be perfect!  Then I had a stroke of genius!  I thought, "Why don't I make this two-sided?"  I decided to put I "heart" Daddy on one side and Freedom on the other.  I "heart" Daddy can hang until Father's Day and Freedom could be displayed for the rest of June and early July.  Holy cow!  What a great idea!  See take a look.


Adorable!

And now here's the other side.


My stroke of genius turned into a very, ugly blond moment.  :)  Freedom turned into Modeerf...not really a patriotic word.  When you put the start of one word on the back of the start of the second word (does that make sense), it doesn't work out so well.  :)  I can laugh about it...now.


I will definitely attempt the two-sided banner again because it is pretty fantastic.  I'll just be more careful next time!  My day wasn't a total bust.  The I "heart" Daddy banner turned out perfect and I learned a GREAT lesson!  :)  LOL!

Erin

22 comments:

  1. Oh, Erin! I admit I had just a teensy giggle at your expense regarding the 'MODEERF' banner but that's only cause it sooo could have been me!! Love that you can laugh at yourself - you're awesome! And hubby will love his side of the banner : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wrote a long comment then it got deleted... :) but I have totally done many things like that and at the time it's frustrating...then I just have to laugh! I LOVE double sided banners though! They are SO fun and PRACTICAL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you from Sunday Showcase Party!!! Nice to meet you. I am your newest follower.
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha That did make me laugh out loud! But, only because I would totally do that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK I totally admit I laughed because that is EXACTLY something I'd do. But it's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that cracks me up! We've all done things like that. But it's still adorable. Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog! Your blog is great - Definitely my kind of place! I've added your feed to my reader so I can come back again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just had a great laugh about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hee Hee Hee! Thanks for the giggles this afternoon.
    What's almost as bad, I'm tilting my head thinking "what the heck?" trying to figure out what it actually says.. "I thought she was gonna put freedom...is this another language?"

    ReplyDelete
  10. just wanted to let you know I featured you at MMm today :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Join the club. This happens quite often with me! I hope things improve for you! I love the banner -- it is fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hahaha that IS funny!!! I'm going to follow you after this. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Erin,
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. http://www.howtohomemaker.com/
    You've got some great inspiration here on your blog! And yes, I have some craft projects that have turned from the good to the bad to the ugly. ;-)
    Thanks for inviting me here!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the banner - it's gorgeous! You had me cracking up though ...too funny! Fabulous job anyhow on the daddy side!! Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase party! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a fabulous week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is just too cute! Following you from The Girl Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you get that bracelet tutorial set up b/c it is adorable! I'm cracking up at your banner b/c I would the same.dern.thing. Glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is totally something I would have done.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Who hasn't had this moment happen to them?! We all feel better knowing that everybody has this stuff happen to them! Thanks for a lighthearted post. Hope you'll join the fun again next week at Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm laughing so hard right now! Yes, I have those moments too... but mine aren't funny enough to share. Love it! p.s. the dry erase board is really cute too. I think your "scrapped" details really make it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How funny! I think we all have "blonde moments" regardless of our hair color. ;)

    I would like to invite you to visit the cottage, and join in on all the fun for my three linky parties:

    ASK THE YANKEE - MONDAYS
    TIPS & TRICKS TUESDAY
    TIME TRAVEL THURSDAY

    You can get the details here:

    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/2010/06/brambleberry-cottage-linky-party.html

    Hope to see ya there!
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome... and hilarious!

    Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoyed reading it. I need to read more on this topic...I admiring time and effort you put in your blog, because it is obviously one great place where I can find lot of useful info..
    florists online

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)