Monday, June 14, 2010

Antique Spool Redo

Happy Monday, Everyone! :)  I hope you all had a super fun weekend!

I bought these beauties when I was visiting a friend in the Texas hill country.


They've been on my coffee table and my mantle, and I finally decided they needed a little flair to brighten them up...and bring a some life to the living room.

A little scrapbook paper, jute, buttons, and a paper flower later, this is what's on my mantle now.  :)


Here is a close up.


I used double sided tape, so I can change these up whenever I feel like it. :)  The same technique (haha, this so isn't a technique)...okay, the same idea can be used on any accessory that needs a face lift...candles, vases, etc.  :)

Have a wonderful week!


Erin

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out really cute! I like the scrapbook paper you used. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a fabulous idea. I'm so ripping it off and passing it off to my friends and fam as my own. :) I'm so excited to have found you. I love your ideas...

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma, What's For Dinner?
    www.mawhats4dinner.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)