Monday, June 21, 2010

Kid Craft: Faux Stained Glass

Hey, All!  I sure hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I had a SUPER 30th!  Thank you for the birthday wishes!

This project was inspired by my niece, Kylie.  I was over visiting my sister and her family when I saw a great, little piece of artwork Kylie had done in art class.  It was a big letter K with a mosaic background and it looked like stained glass.  I asked her how she had made it, and then I decided to give it a whirl.

Here is what you will need:  aluminum foil, an image to be copied, a piece of cardboard or cardstock, Scotch tape,  black tape (or duct tape), transparency paper, scissors, and permanent makers.


First, I found an image HERE.  I copied the image into PowerPoint and enlarged it to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and printed it out.  I taped the image behind the transparency paper and traced around the outside with a black permanent marker (the faux lead).


After I traced around the outside of the image, I removed the printed sheet from behind the transparency paper, turned the transparency paper over, and taped it to plain, white paper (you should be coloring on the opposite side you traced the outline). 

Now fill in your image with colored permanent markers.


 Once you have colored your entire image, cut out a piece of aluminum foil to the same size as your transparency paper.


Crumple up the foil (not too much), gently unfold it, and press it flat.


Now take your transparency paper and lay it on top of your foil. Back it with a piece of cardboard or cardstock and tape around the perimeter or you could place it in a frame.


This project is super great for your older kiddos!  They can pick out any image or even draw their own, and they can color it any way they want to! 

Have a fantastic week!  Don't forget to sign up for the 30th/3 Week Giveaway by clicking HERE!




Erin

11 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks great! I might make some decorations for my son's bedroom window. Thanks!

    I'm following you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is super creative! here from MGM. lovely log!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazing!! I'm putting this on my kids summer project to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by and following me! This project looks really fun! My kids are gonna love it

    Mellisa
    www.funsavingmoney.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! This is a perfect project for my DD this summer. Thanks for the great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun! Thanks for joining us for Anything Related #12! ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea...another one to put in the I really want time to try that files!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, this is really pretty. And I bet Kylie loved it too! Also, happy birthday :)

    Thank you for participating in the Creative Therapy Session at Life in the Pitts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I featured this today!

    http://lanieree.blogspot.com/2010/06/featuring-you_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and crafty! Thanks for linking up @PonyTails&FishScales!

    ReplyDelete
  11. كل تلك المميزات تجعل عملائنا يملكون ثقة هائلة بنا ويحرصون على التداول معنا في مختلف مرة يرغبون في فيها الانتقال من مقر إلي موضع أخر، كما أننا لدينا ما يميزنا عن بقية المؤسسات وهي فرصة القيام بتركيب العفش عقب توصيلة للموقع المحدد.
    شركة نقل عفش
    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى قطر
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى قطر

    شركة نقل عفش بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)