Monday, June 28, 2010

Making It Match

Hello, and happy Monday!  I hope you all had a GREAT weekend!  I've been super busy trying to get the fam ready for a 10 day trip to Alaska!  I'm so excited, but also a little nervous since I'll have my nine month old, Kason, in tow.

Well, Alaska weather is definitely different from Texas', so I bought a ton of warm clothes for him in February on clearance.  I was able to get over 20 items from The Children's Place and Target for about $100!  What a steal, huh?  A few of the pants didn't have matching shirts, so that is what I've been doing...making shirts to match them.

Take a look at these cutie, plaid pants.  I loved them because they were summery looking (most winter gear is well, wintery...dark colors and heavy).

(click on any image to make it bigger)


I went to Babies R Us and found a pack of long sleeve onesies and decided to jazz them up to match the pants.  I used the little dinosaur patch as inspiration, so I cut up some old, khaki pants, found an image online, used a freezer paper stencil to paint the dinosaur (I used the tutorial from Holy Craft HERE), and then hand sewed the patch onto the onesie!  Too cute!


Here is another one I made to match a pair of camo cargos.  My little guy is going to be stylin' in his one of a kind onesies...made by mom! :)


Wishing you a happy week!  :)




Erin

14 comments:

  1. You did a great job matching up! That camo airplane is fantastic. You might have to give us a camo painting tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I love matching outfits. I have a nine month old boy too. Good luck taking him. I'm sure he'll be fine. They seem to go with the flow at this age! And they love to see new things! ~Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love shopping at the Children's Place Outlet...most everything my son wears came from that store...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Man is going to look even more adorable than he already is!! Your a crafting wiz :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job. I miss the days of being able to do that kind of stuff ( although I was not nearly as creative as you have been!) I'm lucky when my 17 year old is willing to be seen in the same mall, far less the same store with me lol. Actually, he's pretty good since I'm paying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is going to be stylin!! I am J that you are going to Alaska and leaving the Texas heat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He will definitley be "stylin" in Alaska! Thanks for sharing the fun on Modern Craftswoman Monday! Rory

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's darling! I just found your blog and I'll be back for more. You are going to LOVE Alaska! It's beautiful! see you soon, susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment on my rosette necklace...I do think we have the same crafty mind because we seem to do similar projects at the same time. I'm honored to be in such great company!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Hi there...stopping by from Welcome Wednesday. LOVE your blog!! I can remember doing the same thing for my boys. Three are all grown up and gone but I still have a 7 yr old at home that let's me make tshirts still!! Come by and sit under the old oak tree sometimes..I love visitors too!!

    Hugs,
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the dino patch...what a great idea!

    Stopping over from Welcome Wednesday! I'm following...so I'll check back often! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I've just given you a blog award:

    http://www.slipstitches.com/2010/07/versatile-blogger-award-thank-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. super cute, erin! i forget if you have a featured on crafts and such button. i am just getting my blog under control and i can't remember-- hope you have a great weekend! malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)