Sunday, October 10, 2010

If the Broom Fits

Welcome back to another installment of EEK WEEKS!  I cannot believe this is number six, and we only have two more fall/Halloween projects to go.


This week's project was inspired from a pillow I bought a few years ago that says, "If the broom fits, ride it."  I was feeling a little witchy, and needed some fun color to go with my stylish Halloween boxes so I decided a witch's broom would be the perfect addition to my Halloween decor.

I started with a broom I found at Michael's and added glittered lime green and purple branches, leaves, and rhinestones to the straw end of the broom.  I wrapped stripy ribbon around the handle and hot glued a bow with some dangley witchy accouterments (eyes, skeleton hand, and tombstones) to the middle of the broom.



I hung the broom parallel to the staircase and accessorized with all things witchy...Halloween boxes, a black cat, a hand-drawn spider web, and a creepy little, old witch.

I was inspired by Jessica over at Craftily Ever After to create my own Halloween version of "Keep Calm and Carry On," so I made "If the broom fits, ride it."  It's the perfect finishing touch to this vignette. 


I think this turned out so cute!  I was kind of stuck in a Halloween decorating rut and having this blog and doing EEK WEEKS has really forced me to think outside the box.  I heart blogland! :)

Are you feeling a little witchy?  Would you like the "If the broom fits" printable?  Let me know, I'm happy to share! :)

This past week Crafts & Sutch reached over 400 followers!  I'm over the moon, so be on the lookout for a giveaway soon as my thank you to you! :) 

I'll be linking up to these fantastically awesome parties



Photobucket

40 comments:

  1. CUTE!!!! I **LOVE** the broom! It looks perfect hanging parallel to the stairs. And did you make the spider web frame? I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stinkin' cute! And the saying is perfect and I love the purple. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your broom!
    Paula from Idaho
    I am adding a link to my blog for this post - love it
    http://bucketsofhalloweenideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. too cute! I would have never thought of hanging the broom on the wall like that!

    p.s. love your blog's title!

    Kimra
    http://crafty-cove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your halloween decorations!

    I'm following you from the Monday Blog Hop! Hope you'll follow me back at http://daffodilmama.blogspot.com
    Have a great day!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your broom! The eyeball makes it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks amazing! I just love the bow on the broom :) Visiting from TGC Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the broom! I'm so gonna make one of these. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just *too* cute !! Love the broom and the sign to go along with it. So creative! *Becca* (Adventures in Decorating)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE your blog! I am a new follower from Meet and Greet Monday. Hope you can follow back.

    http://airforcewifeandmommytwo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Love the sign... so cute!

    PS- I gave you an award today.
    http://adventuresofthemichelenafamily.blogspot.com/2010/10/i-feel-loved-3-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is very creative!!! I am following from Meet and Greet Monday! I like meeting other crafty ladies! :)

    Heather From and Mommy Only Has Two Hands! and Lynhea Designs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table is just precious. I love the witch sign, broom, and the darling witch. Its all so darn cute. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable!!!! I love it E!! Can you come over and decorate my house for me?! Maybe I'll hire you for Christmas :) Love ya girl! Wanna do lunch soon??

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! I am new to decorating for Halloween and I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the broom and the vignette! Super cute. Visiting from Mad in Crafts. Nice to meet you. Congrats on 400 followers. As a new blogger, I realize what an accomplishment that is. Great work. Love your site.

    Vicki at http://www.rustyroostervintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ahhh love it! I would love the "If the broom fits" printable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the whole display! Very cute!
    Come link up to my Commercial Break Linky party and promote your blog! http://suzysartsycraftsysitcom.blogspot.com/2010/10/commercial-break-thursday-promote.html
    suzy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I found the perfect branches to make a broom, since my local craft store doesn't have any already made-- http://www.curiouscountrycreations.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=249
    I'm so excited to make my house a little witchier :) thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. that is so lovely. your whole vignette is fantastic! love it!

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are very creative, thanks for sharing. I am now a follower of your fabulous blog. Oh, and I would love a copy of the "If the broom fits ride it sign"
    xcams@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this. super cute.

    Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday at Life As Lori! Please join me again for another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely vignette! Loves It!
    I hope you come link this up to my Making It With Allie linky Party!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so cute! I love the broom and the sign! Great job thanks for linking up to Your So Very Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's an absolutely adorable vignette and I'd love it if you posted the printable! I pick up a cinnamon broom or two ever year (the grocery store here carries them for less than $5.00 and they make the house smell so good) - I really like the way you've decorated yours!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute! Love the broom! WOuld love to have you link up with Fantabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a great vignette and fun saying! Congrats on 400!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Everything looks terrific! Thanks for joining our party this week!
    {*Rebekah*}

    ReplyDelete
  30. You're creating quiet the collection there. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  31. So happy to see you at A Crafty Soiree! Great display and the broom is really cute with the glittery bits added in. The eyeball ribbon is what really finishes it off in my opinion. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to seeing you next time too:)

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would love the "if the broom fits". Thanks!

    zuzuscrate@bellsouth.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for Sharing your Wonderful Creativity. All I can say is WOW

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)