Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gingerbread and Pumpkin Trifle

Hello, Gorgeous Crafts & Sutch Readers!  :)  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  The monkey and I went shopping on Saturday at a thrift shop to find some clothes for his Halloween costume.  He is going to be Frankenstein because he already has got the walk down!  :)  We scored on some pants and a little blazer that I'm going to refashion and Frank up for next Sunday.

On to the deliciousness that is this final EEK WEEKS project!  A bowl full of fall goodness...gingerbread and pumpkin trifle!


Now I'm no Betty Crocker by any means, but I do enjoy a good dessert and I especially love making them when they are super, duper easy!  I've dumbed down this recipe from Paula Deen and it is pure heaven.

I followed Paula's recipe but substituted six vanilla pudding cups for the cook and serve vanilla pudding.  I also added a teaspoon of vanilla extract to the whipped topping a la Sandra Lee.  I've made this trifle several times and I always come home with rave reviews and an empty dish.




If you want to dumb it down even more (which I've done) or you are in a time crunch, buy gingerbread or pumpkin bread from your local bakery or grocery store.  It's just as delicious, looks just as fabulous, and saves you time.

Coming up this week:  Sutch an Inspiration, Kason's Frankenstein costume, and some fall decor.  :)  I can't believe this is the last week of October.  It has flown by and I have to admit I'm going to miss seeing all of the black and orange around blogland.  Have a super week!

I'll be linking up to some of my favorite parties!



Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. I looks delicious as well as gorgeous! I can't wait to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Creamy, rich, decadent ... must be Paula! Thanks for posting this - I'm so in the mood for yummy fall treats. I think I just found tomorrow's FHE treat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my yum! I am *always* up for a good trifle. And Paula's recipes are always the best! This looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds divine, I love gingerbread and pumpkin. I'll have to add this one to the "to do list!"

    Kisses from Heather of WhipperBerry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you hear my stomach growling from all the way up here?! (wait, assuming I'm north of you?!) that looks beyond yummy and I love how you staged the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. E it looks so yummy and beautiful!!! I bought the ingredients today. We have a party we are going to tomorrow night. I'm going to make it and will let you know how it goes :) Great job again my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG. That looks delicious! I love that combo. What a pretty trifle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omword, this looks absolutely divine! Mmmmm, wish I had some right now :]

    ReplyDelete
  10. btw, congrats on hitting 500 followers! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing!!

    This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would LOVE for you to link up this recipe over at my FINAL week of my halloween / fall linky party!!

    http://lovestitched.blogspot.com/2010/10/final-week-of-cooking-with-amber-and.html

    prizes are given for the TOP recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow that looks so yummy and almost too pretty to eat, almost! LOL I'd love for you to link up at Texas Monkey for All About You and show this off. http://texasmonkey.blogspot.com/2010/10/all-about-you-monday-link-up_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my you're making me hungry! If you don't mind I am going to feature this post today! Thank you!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks perfect! Gotta love Paula's recipes. I made her gooey caramel cake and it was amazing. Your pictures are fab! I'd love for you to link over at my 'Sweets This Week' Link Party

    ReplyDelete
  17. Holey cow, does that look good. I'm going to start drooling....and I am not sure if I should thank you for sharing this recipe. Now I'm going to make (and EAT) one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks amazingly good! I featured it today at "Featuring You Friday" @ Me Making Do! http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2010/10/featuring-you-friday_29.html
    Thanks for Linking
    Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! this looks delish! i will def be making this during the holiday season.
    i'm following now :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks delicious! Thanks for linking to Fantabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  21. omg i want to eat the whole thing..lol

    I am starting a new series take the hectic out of the Holidays, with recipes, crafts, and a fun guide.
    I'm hoping you will stop by and share some of your favorite ideas at http://passionatelyartistic.com

    TFL
    Maggie
    http://maggielamarre

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks so yummy! I am definitely going to have to make that for the next holiday party I go to!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Girl! I am featuring this delish dish at A Crafty Soiree tomorrow (-: hop on over and grab a button xoxo Malia

    ReplyDelete
  24. تواصل الان مع صيانة يونيفرسال المعتمدة اذا كان لديك عطل فى أحدى أجهزة شركتنا ليصلك مندوبنا لمعاينة وإصلاح العطل..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Resources c5r62n7m74 buy replica bags zeal replica bags best replica ysl bags click this r9g38s8h03 replica bags hong kong replica bags turkey fake hermes p8n90p9x15 joy replica bags review

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)