Sunday, December 19, 2010

Let Them Eat Cake

Hello and happy Monday!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I was busy, busy!  I finished, yes FINISHED Christmas shopping, baked and decorated two cakes, and celebrated our first Christmas of the year with my in laws!  It was spectacular!

The hubs had a birthday on Friday so I made him this super duper MINI Cooper cake!  Isn't it the coolest?  He has worked for MINI for almost seven years so it was the perfect cake for him.  My favorite part are the Oreo wheels!


Then I made this ornament cake for Christmas with my in laws.  I was inspired by this cake over at KraftRecipes.com.  Betty Crocker I am not so I used a box mix but to give it my own little twist, I added half a bag of chocolate chips to the cake batter before baking it.  I decorated it with a combination of icing, gel, sprinkles, and candies.  I topped it off with an ice cream cone and red licorice lace ornament hanger.


Since I'm showing off some cakes, here is one I made a couple of years ago.  It's a mint chocolate chip cake.  I added chocolate chips to the batter before baking it and added a little peppermint extract to the icing.  It's absolutely delicious.  I even topped it off with peppermint treats!  This one is always a huge crowd pleaser!



What are your go to Christmas/holiday treats?

I'll be linking up to these wonderfully fantastic parties!



Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. those are adorable! I love the ornament one... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got me drooling for cake at 8am! ;)
    We only used to do one cake for Christmas; red velvet. It was my grandmother's specialty. Oh how I miss it! We've always loved random homemade goodies, and I love finding new recipes to try every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ngũ phẩm đan phương ở đây. Lúc này đây, hắn chỉ cần liếc mắt một cái là đã nhận ra ngọc giản chứa đan dược của Vân Thiên Tông, thần thức chỉ đảo qua một chút liền không để tâm nữa, mà tập trung vào ngọc giản miêu tả đan dược của Thiên Nhai Môn.

      Hồi lâu sau đó, Vương Lâm buông ngọc giản xuống, bình thản nói:

      - Ta muốn Quy Nguyên đan này của Thiên Nhai Môn. Luyện Khí Các của ngươi có lục phẩm đan phương không?

      Người đàn ông trung niên do dự một chút, nhìn lão nhân bên cạnh. Lão ta thần sắc ngưng trọng, gật gật đầu, người đàn ông trung niên lập tức cười nói:mu private cho thuê nhà trọ cho thuê nhà trọ nhạc sàn cực mạnh tư vấn pháp luật qua điện thoại công ty luật số điện thoại tư vấn pháp luật dịch vụ thành lập công ty

      - Đan phương từ lục phẩm trở lên đều là vật vô giá, Luyện Khí Các của chúng ta cũng chỉ có một cái. Tuy nhiên, vật ấy không phải là để bán ra như bình thường mà là bán ra tại Tu Ma Hội đấu giá, tổ chức mười năm một lần. Quan khách nếu là muốn mua thì không ngại chờ thêm hai tháng. Hai tháng sau chính là lúc diễn ra Hội đấu giá.

      Vương Lâm nhướn mày nói:

      - Không cần, ngũ phẩm đan phương này bán như thế nào?

      Người đàn ông trung niên cười nói:

      Delete
  3. Totally lovin' the ornament!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chocolate mint cake looks delicious, but I especially love the ornament. What fantastic detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is just so much to love about last cake!
    malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ornament cake!!

    Come link up at Giggls, Glitz & Glam

    http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/12/glam-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. What awesome cakes! I like the car the most, especially the wheels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh la la! Those are so much fun!

    Following you via Tuesday Blog Hop from lil-LIZ-bits, lil-bits from my Homeschooling Navy Wife Life Mom-prenuer adventures. I would appreciate a follow back! Love to see you on Facebook too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome!!My daughter loves Minis so much! The ornament cake is great too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my! The ornament one looks so cute! And the chocolate mint, yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute cakes!!! I love the ornament one especially.

    ReplyDelete
  12. E,
    Those cakes are stunning! You are amazing!! I especially love the mini cake ... one with green icing would be grand! You know my birthday is next month! ;) Just kidding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm bookmarking your ornament cake so I can do something similar the next time I make a Christmas cake. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)