Monday, December 6, 2010

Blog Swap {Pocket Full of Pink}

Hello Dear Friends! :)  I hope you had a most excellent weekend!  I finally got my Christmas decorations up!  YAY!  You'll be seeing them later this week.  In the meantime, I'm swapping blogs with Karen from a Pocket Full of Pink!  She's hanging here today and I'm hanging there.  :)


I am so excited to be here on Crafts and Sutch. Thanks for having me Erin!  My name is Karen and my blog is Pocket Full of Pink.  I love to make crafts, have giveaways, and have lots of fun!  Come by and visit sometime!

I came up with this super cute and EASY paper Christmas tree.  Here is what you need:

-2-12 x 12 sheets of Christmas Scrapbook paper, or whatever design you want.
-Glue Gun
-paper mache tree (you can get them from Oriental Trading), or a syrofoam tree (from Joann's or Hobby Lobby or Michaels) will work too.
-paper cutter
-ribbon
-paint (if you are using a paper mache tree with stand like mine.)  I used Delta Ceramcoat- Burnt Umber
-pencil

1.  Cut your paper into strips about 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches.  You will use just about all of the 2 sheets of paper.


2. Take your paper and roll it around the pencil nice and tight.


3.  Start gluing the paper strips on with a glue gun.  Careful and don't burn yourself.  Trust me I know from experience!  Go all the way around the tree.  Move up to the next layer, making sure there is no white showing through.  When you glue on the next layers, do it randomly, so they don't look like straight rows.  Make sense?

 

4.  If you use a paper mache tree, paint the stick and the bottom brown.  I also sanded around the edges of the pot (or whatever that thing is!) a little.

  
5.  Glue a pretty ribbon on top.


This took me a little over an hour to do.  I love how it turned out and it didn't cost me anything.  It was stuff I already had on hand!

Thanks so much for having me Erin!  Stop by and check out my blog sometime.  I love visitors!
Isn't this the cutest?!  I love how she used double-sided paper so you can see the light green peeking through the rolls.  Karen, thanks so much for sharing this little guy!  Please be sure to go and visit Karen at a Pocket Full of Pink!  She always has great paper crafts and giveaways!




Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oooh. I love it! So cute and charming for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me Erin! This was so much fun....have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so cute. Thanks, Erin, for showcasing Karen's trees. I'm bookmarking it too come back and try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love that you used only supplies you had on hand. Great tutorial, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THis is so cute. I could see me doing this next year!!!Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tree!! I would love for you to link up to my christmas post! Thanks,
    Kirsti
    http://kirstikoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/merry-chirstmas-tree-pillow-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3- تطهير وحدات سكنية ببني حسن وتطهير فلل ببني حسن وقصور ومجالس ببني حسن وغيرها من الأماكن العامة والخاصة ببني حسن .
    شركة النجوم لخدمات التنظيف
    شركة نقل اثاث بجدة
    شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة
    نصائح لرائحة بيت منعشة

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)