Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sweetheart Wreath

Hello Dear Friends!  I hope all is well!  I'm sorry for my lack of posts this past week.  I have been traveling quite a bit for my "real world" job, and have had a hard time getting to the computer for my "fun" job. :)

Do you guys normally decorate for Valentine's Day?  I never have before, but I think it would be fun to have some sweet decor around the house to remind us all to give a little love.

I love those little conversation hearts and I love a good wreath, so I thought why not put these two loves together to create a new one. :)


I don't have a step-by-step tutorial for this one, but it was super duper easy to make.  I started with a round wreath form that was flat on all sides (round and flat?  LOL).  Then I wrapped the wreath in strips of pink tissue paper.  I hot glued on rows of Sweethearts on all sides and finished it off with a pink, satin ribbon.


I started gluing the hearts to the front first, then the inside, and finally the outside.  It took about four 7 oz. bags of conversation hearts and about an hour and a half to complete.  I just sat down in front of the TV and glued away.


I found that it was easiest to make one row of hearts all the way around the wreath, and then move on to the second and third rows (rather than gluing three across, then three below that row, and repeating the process all the way around the wreath).


I might have the sweetest wreath in town...literally! :)  ...and on a side note, I'm pretty sure I got about 437 cavities while completing this project. :)

I'll be linking up to these SWEET parties! :)


Photobucket

29 comments:

  1. Cute! I haven't decorated for V-day since I was a kid (I used to decorate my room for every holiday-haha). But, this year, I decided to add some simple Valentine's flare because I kept seeing so many cute ideas like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable!! I love all the happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I think I am going to have to try this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so sweet (ha) Erin! I love the little hearts - and the wreath looks so cute hanging from that ribbon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute, Erin! So my question is... if you spend a lot of time traveling and have to find time to blog, WHEN are finding time to make these adorable crafts? lol! Love it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fabulous! Love how colorful it is!
    I shared a link to this on my FB page.
    http://www.facebook.com/AGlimpseInside

    ReplyDelete
  7. So totally adorable Erin! Please come link this up to my Open House on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, great idea! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, it is so sweet! I love all the colors. Hope your finding time for yourself too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is the cutest thing ever! Love those little candy hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is this! Love it and so quintessentially "Valentine"!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good! Man, those are some bright colored candies! I've never seen them that bright! You should link up at DIY Thrifty Thursday this week at www.thrifty101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so cute! I think I might be the only person that hates the conversation hearts. Actually, I love them for decor but I hate the way they taste. This is such a cute alternative. I've got so many craft ideas for holidays I'll be 80 by the time I complete them all, but this is definitely on my list for next year. Love it!

    Have a great day!

    Adelaide@ Norwegian Phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  14. whoa. that's awesome, and i'm really suprised that it didn't take more bags! such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute!! I know my children would be trying to eat it every chance they got, though!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what a sweet project!! i don't normally decorate for valentine's day either...but blogging makes me do new things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is adorable! YOu did a great Job!

    Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. i LOVE this!!!!! soo cute! you have given me an idea i will use!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it! Great idea.

    Kellybarney1966@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. erin this one of my fav crafts EVER! great idea and lovely execution too. ( -:
    Malia
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love, love, LOVE this!!! Haha, that's a lot of sweetheart candies though! It's absolutely adorable... I might just make myself do this one! :]

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for all the great inspiration. I am passing on the Stylish Blogger award. Stop by and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  23. so sweet...literally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is super cute! Love how colorful it is and so festive!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your wreath Erin, I've featured you on Craft Gossip here
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-conversation-heart-crafts/

    If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
    http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

    ReplyDelete
  26. You have the best website I have ever visited. Thank you so much. I will follow you and keep up with your posts. Checking the online keyboard buttons now. On my blog, you can see the keyboard online, run performance tests, and look at buttons.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)