Saturday, January 1, 2011

Be a Better Me {January}

Happy New Year!  What a fantastic day!  A new, fresh start!  Everyone is feeling optimistic and excited to tackle their resolutions and I have come up with a way to help me stay on track throughout the year!  One year to be a better me, one resolution every month, make it a habit, and move on!


This month I'm tackling HEALTH!  We all know most women have some resolution to lose weight, but this one goes way beyond just dropping some lbs.  It's about improving my physical AND my mental health...changing eating habits, restarting my workout plan, visiting doctors (even if it's scary), making time for just me, and spending quality time with my family and friends.

I'm starting with a TO DO list so I can map out how I will implement these changes throughout the month:
  • Set up doctors appointments (one for a physical, and one to see the dermatologist)
  • Eat out only once per week
  • Cook and try new, healthy recipes
  • Snack on veggies
  • Cut out caramel colored soda
  • Walk or jog at least 3 times a week for at least 45 minutes
  • Schedule a girl's night out
  • Get a massage
  • Make time just for me to do what I want to do (read, craft, blog, take a warm bubble bath, etc.)
The list is a work in progress, I'm sure I'll add a few things throughout the month...like get a pedicure. :)  I'm happy with it because it's a starting off point.  I'm also happy that I don't have a specific number of pounds to lose or a goal weight.  I know that implementing these changes will get me the results I seek!

At the request of a very, dear friend, I've made the Be a Better Me printable in blue and brown.  Here you are sweet friend!


Wishing you the best 2011! :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea!! IT's much easier to tackle one thing a month then be bombarded by everything at the beginning of the year! It's a lot to try and redo everything in one day :) Thanks for the great idea!! (I think budget might be my January thing to tackle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to always do this as well! As a mental health Counselor we work with people on goals & su(t)ch ;) and we ALWAYS, always, always start with baby steps, a plan in progress. It's always "I will walk at least 15 minutes 3 times this week" vs. "I will walk an hour every day this year!" This is why so many resolutions fail. I have faith in you! You're doing it the right way, the best way - stepping stones to a better YOU =) Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for making it in brown and blue! I am printing it out and putting it where I can see it every single day. You rock and I know that whatever you set out to do, you will do it!
    Hope to see you soon and I am looking forward to this year ..... I truly believe that it is going to be a phenomenal year! It ends in 11 my favorite number! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the monthly goal thing too! I guess we Erin's think alike:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)