Friday, January 28, 2011

Freezer Paper Stenciled Valentine's Day T-shirts

Hello and Happy Friday!  I cannot believe we are in our last weekend of January.  It just flew by and now we are heading into a month of red, pink, and love. :)

I really wanted to get the monkey a Valentine's Day t-shirt, but I had a hard time finding one for a boy.  They have tons of super cutie girlie stuff, but not a whole lot for little guys.  I decided to make my own. :)  Well, I couldn't make just one t-shirt, so I made one for each of the kiddos at Kason's daycare.


I think these are adorable and super affordable!  I got the t-shirts at Wal-Mart for $3.50.  I used my Sure Cuts a Lot software to design each of the emblems, and cut the freezer paper with my Cricut (you could also trace the design onto freezer paper and cut it out by hand like I did HERE). 

I first heard about freezer paper stenciling from Cheri at I am Momma - Hear Me Roar, and I always follow her easy tutorial HERE.

I used plain ole craft paint and mixed it with Delta Ceramcoat Textile Medium.  The textile medium turns any acrylic paint into a washable fabric paint.  How cool is that?

 

Here are the designs:

The heart breaker design is perfect for any little man in your life.


This is Kason's Love Rocks T...it matches his mailbox. :)


 I LOVE this peace and love T!  The L appears a little dark in the pic, but it is actually red.


I think the tic-tac-toe, hearts in a row T is too sweet. 


This one is by far my fav!  I love the color combo and the sweet, "hidden" message.  You know if you mouth the words olive juice it looks like you are saying I love you! :)


I think the kiddos are going to look adorable for Valentine's Day!  I can't wait to see pics of all of them in their t-shirts!


I love freezer paper stenciling!  It is super simple and pocketbook friendly. You could easily add a little Valentine's flair to your home by using the same technique for dish towels, place mats, napkins, or even on a canvas for some wall art!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! 

I'll be linking up to these wonderful parties!

Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Love them all. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Those V-day shirts are so stinkin' cute! I especially love that "Love Rocks" one. It's so nice to see one a boy can wear. These are SO great. Awesome work and thanks for sharing this with me!!!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, Erin!! You are super generous to make the for the entire class. I love the "olive juice" one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tic tac toe shirt! I want to make one for my son to wear to pre-school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so freakin' cute! Was it easy to cut the freezer paper out with the Cricut ??

    ReplyDelete
  6. all so cute-love the tic tac toe one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are so adorable!! Love them and gotta love freezer paper! Would love for you to come link up to Handmade Tuesdays @ Ladybug Blessings www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are awesome! They totally look like you bought them! Hope you share with my Pink Hippo Party @ http://pinkapotamus.blogspot.com/2011/01/pink-hippo-party-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your idea! It came out so cute! I am stopping over from Making the World Cuter and I am a new follower!

    Michelle
    www.landofthemisfittoyz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely idea, I added to my v-day to-do list.
    There's a list for everything!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love them! I needed a cute t-shirt idea. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are truly AWESOME!!!! I reall am inspired to make one now. Thanks for sharing your creations. I'm your newest follower, too!

    Miranda
    www.justdrinkacoke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would love for you to join us at the Hugs and Kisses Valentine's Party!
    http://itsablogparty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE your tic tac toe board! SOOO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are super cute! Going to make something like these for my lil 'Heartbreaker'. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI! I'm hosting a link up this week -- It's a Keeper Thursdays! I hope you can come over and link up!

    Thanks!
    It's a Keeper
    http://www.everydaytastes.com/
    http://twitter.com/itsakeeperblog
    http://www.facebook.com/ItsAKeeper

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute...I really like the tic-tac-toe shirt!!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Too cute! I love the olive! Well, okay, I love them all, but that is so different!

    Would love to have you drop by this weekend and share this @ Passion for Paint!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I too am wondering if it was easy to cut freezer paper with your cricut. And, what cartridge did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Haley and Jodie! Yes, it was so easy! I done it a few times and it's worked perfectly for me. :)

    I actually used the Sure Cuts a Lot software to create all of the designs. I highly recommend it if you have a Cricut because it allows you to use any font that is installed on your computer and use images pulled from the Internet. :) Your options are limitless!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the tic tac toe shirt! So much fun! I am featuring your shirts on my blog today:) Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What great shirts! I have just started experimenting with freezer paper stenciling and love it! How do you cut the freezer paper with your Cricut? I have tried with mine and the paper always crumples up and won't cut cleanly. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)