Monday, March 14, 2011

Quatrefoil Grapevine Wreath

Hello, Friends! :)  I hope you are having a great start to your week! 

As I've said before, I don't usually decorate for St. Paddy's Day, but this year I added small touches of green around the house.  I started with the Quatrefoil and Four Leaf Clover printable and now I've added this:


I wanted to keep the quatrefoil theme going because it's so classic and add touches of green to the wreath.  This project was extremely affordable for the scale of the wreath!  I made it for just $16.00.

To get started, you will need: four grapevine wreaths, thin brown ribbon or wire, greenery garland, and ribbon.


Lie two wreaths side by side and tie them together with the ribbon or wire.  Be sure to make the knot snug.


Repeat the same process with the other two wreaths.  Then lay one set of two on top of the other to make the quatrefoil.


Now securely tie these together with the ribbon or wire.  I went around and through the grapevine.  The picture below is a close up of where I tied the wreaths.


Now weave the greenery garland in and around the wreath.  I simply tucked the ends of the garland into the wreath.  I did not tie it.  This will make it easy for me to quickly change the appearance of the wreath with the seasons.


Now do the same thing with the ribbon.  Again, I tucked the ribbon ends into the grapevine.


And there you have it!  I hung the wreath above the fireplace in the middle of a decorative wrought iron wall hanging.  It reminds me of an old garden gate.  :) 


The all green wreath is perfect for St. Paddy's Day, but I plan on changing out the ribbon and adding some fabric flowers for spring. :)

I'll be linking this project up to some of my favorite parties!


Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Oh Erin this is gorgeous!!! Come by on Friday and link up at my monthly Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding me Erin?? This is so great!! I love the ribbon running through it with the clover!! Can't wait to see it in it's Spring outfit too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that!!! That was so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cool! So celtic. I love it! I can't wait to see future incarnations of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is so lovely! I'm not a huge fan of holiday decorating because there are so many wrong ways to do it, but you have absolutely nailed it! Very classy my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice. I would never have thought to tie them all together!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun!! Very clever too. I love quatrefoil -- what a fun wreath for Spring!

    xox
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever! How ingenious is that idea...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! And I love it in front of the metalwork. Visiting from Someday Crafts.
    Jen
    Scissors & Spatulas

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so stinkin' clever! I LOVE this! :]

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin this is great! The ribbon really ties it all together (pun intended lol) You are so talented! I'd love to have you share this at my VIP party today @ http://designergarden.blogspot.com/2011/03/vip-party-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is lovely. Great job. I came over from the Chocolate link party. Great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Erin, thank you so much for linking up to "A Little Birdie Told Me..." Tuesday! I love your wreath, especially the unique quatrefoil design! With so much in blogland being a redux of something else, your project really stands out as something new and original!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your wreath is so pretty! Very clever, I might add- I would have never put wreaths together! Love it Erin! Thanks for linking up, too :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very Pretty!I'm hosting my first Linky party and would love for you to submit to it!
    http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/2011/03/glitters-first-linky-party_22.html#comments

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)