Tuesday, September 28, 2010

TO DO Tuesday

Another glorious Tuesday and another TO DO list to go with it!  :)  I must say I'm still loving all of the Halloween and fall crafts I'm seeing around.  It never ceases to amaze me how creative and clever you ladies (and perhaps gentleman) are.  :)

Here are a few of the many things I found this week that I've added to my to do list:

Mrs. Owens at A Pumpkin and a Princess showed us how to make this adorable candy dish that looks like a gumball machine. Isn't this the cutest?  I cannot believe this is just a terracotta pot and saucer and a votive holder!  I'm so making this because I don't like to leave open candy (like candy corn or M&M's) uncovered. 


Jenn over at Crafting for My Sanity made these shabby chic pumpkins with 2"x4"s.  I have seen a ton of 2"x4" pumpkins around blogland, but these are the chicest!  I love how she added rub on transfers to give them a shabby feel and the raffia is the perfect finishing touch on top.


Michele over at The Scrap Shoppe showed us an adorable altered lunch box that her friend Amy made to hold all of her little one's goodies from the hospital.  What a fantastic keepsake!  I'm definitely going to have to make a cool, boy one and put Kason's coming home outfit and hat inside. :)


Sammy at Scraps N' Strings gave us a wonderful tutorial on how to make a tag along stuffed lion.  I love this lion's cute little face, fuzzy mane, and how he is essentially a body pillow for her little guy.  I especially love that here little guy, Finn, named his lion Phil.  Too cute!  This tutorial could easily be adapted to many different animals.  I wonder what Kason's favorite animal will be. :)


Susan from Living with Punks made this insanely adorable ruffle button scarf.  If I ever have a little girl, she will sport one or two (or five) of these.  ...and if I don't have a little girl, I'll totally rock it. :)  LOL!  On a side note, I'm pretty positive this little beauty has her model pose down.


Wishing you a terrific Tuesday!

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found some inspiration in my friend's lunch box! Isn't it the cutest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... that "gumball machine" is adorable! Super cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the shout-out! I'm honored! These other ideas are SO CUTE! Definitely needing a gumball machine - maybe I won't eat all the candy corn in one sitting! =D Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the inspirations! I love the lunch box and the candy gumball machine look a like.

    Kelli
    xoxo
    loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature on the scarf...I am actually working on an adult version :) And yes the girl does know how to strike a pose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello:

    I am a new follower from Welcome Wednesday Blog Hop.

    I hope you can come check out my blog at http://wifrugalliving.blogspot.com

    I absolutely love that gumball candy dish! So cute and sounds super easy to make!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the gumball machine, great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute collection of crafty goodness! I'm following from Welcome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saying hi from nff! Hope you have a great weekend! Come say hi sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for featuring my candy jar, I'm so honored! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Checking you out from New Friend Friday - I absolutely LOVE your blog layout! The light gray and light yellow are so classy!

    Katie P
    Food, Wine, & Mod Podge
    Herb Chopper Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Blog Hopping - Im a new follower. I love the lunch box!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! I'm Lindsay from Boman, party of 5. I'm your newest follower and I found you on Follow Me Chickadee! I adore your blog!
    http://bomanpartyof5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Alright. YOu have the best taste in crafts. Seriously that scarf...I want one for ME! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)