Monday, March 28, 2011

Birthday Party Gift Idea

Hi Sweet Friends!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!  We had a weekend full of craftiness and family!  Kason was invited to an art themed birthday party this weekend and he had a ton of fun!

We were asked to bring art supplies for gifts rather than the "usual" gifts like toys and clothes.  Of course, me being the crafty gal I am, LOVED this idea and I ran with it!  This is what I came up with:


I filled a tackle box with all the artsy craftsy stuff a little girl could ask for:  watercolors and brushes, various sizes and colors of pom poms, pipe cleaners, construction paper, foam stamps, glittered foam stickers, crayons, sidewalk chalk, various stickers, and alphabet post it notes. :)


I found the tackle box at Wal-Mart for just over $5.00 and managed to fill it with lots of crafty goodies.  The whole kit cost less than $20.00.


You could also rummage through your craft stash to add items like scrap paper, stickers, etc. and save a few dollars! :)
 

I personalized the gift by cutting some vinyl with my Cricut.  I love that the apostrophe is an artist's pallet.


I finished it off with a polka dot bow and a handmade artist's pallet gift tag and paint brush.


Because the kiddos were going to be "gettin' artsy," it was requested they come in clothes they could get dirty.  I took this as an opportunity to make something new.  :)  Makes total sense, right?  Kason and I made an artist's pallet t-shirt just for getting dirty.  His hand print is the pallet and his thumb prints became the paints.  The hubs came up with the "handmade" slogan. :)


The monkey's favorite station was the painting station.  He stood in front of this easel for at least 30 minutes! Professional artist in the making if you ask me.  :)


Here is his t-shirt after the party. While the paints used at the party are washable, I love the "new" look of his handmade shirt.



I might have to borrow this idea for the monkey's second birthday! :)  He is definitely a creative little fellow!

I'll be linking this up to some of my favorite parties.  See you all tomorrow for a double dose of Sutch an Inspiration!


Photobucket


Here are some of the best recent articles on Crafts:

Origami Craft Ideas: Origami Wedding Craft Ideas via Craft Supplies
Customizable Cross-Stitch Projects: Cross-Stitch Projects via Martha Stewart Crafts
Popular Trends in the Arts and Crafts World: Arts and Crafts Trends: An Overview was recently featured on online msw degree programs
Fun Spring Crafts for Kids: Spring Theme Crafts via Toddler Crafts

33 comments:

  1. Very cute! I'm planning an art party right now for my daughters 7th birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a art party for my daughter's 8th birthday. (She's 18 now--not sure what happened from that party to now.) She says it was her favorite party. I'm make many art boxes, too. I'm all over your tag. I'm totally craftlifting that one!

    Love the shirt and the precious hand print guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!!!
    Your gift made me smile...I LOVE crafty items. :)
    I"m also partial to the name Kason..that is my nephew's name! He just turned a year old. His Mommy's name is Karen so that's why they chose a K and not a C to spell his name. :)
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great ideas! Love the art tackle box.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! Where is the cheapest place to buy vinyl for the cricut machine?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute birthday theme idea! Love the present you made...I will have to invite you to my birthday! :)
    Jenn
    redberrybarn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that idea for a birthday party - or just a regular gift!!! The box is so cute with the vinyl on it and so is your little guy's shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the "handmade" shirts! Thanks for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very smart. I love it. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the gift idea - that would have been perfect for my nieces 3rd birthday! Stopping by from Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute! My daughters Christmas present was a nice art bin full of her own pens, stickers, glitter, glue, etc. She loved it and it inspires her creativity and we have fun together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a great gift idea! I love the artist's palette too.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 
    {Check out how I made my name 'clickable'.}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, this is such a great idea!! Art supplies are my fail-proof go-to kids gift, I'm definitely going to try your version next time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great gift! The artist pallet-apostrophe is a perfect touch! :) I am lovin' the "handmade" tee - so super cute! I'm already envisioning making my girlies new art smocks and using their hand prints as pallets! THANKS for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Love the artist pallete tag that you added even more!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $20 store credit from My Carrie Creations to get a backpack withyour kids favorite disney/other cartoon(Dr.Suess/Fancy Nanacy and more) characters. All you have to do is leave a comment.
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/03/20-store-credit-from-my-carrie.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE this idea! I am definitely featuring it on Handmade Tuesdays :) So feel free to come by and grab a badge :)

    www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fantastic. I love this! I have a few birthday parties coming up - and this is perfect - I think I need to make a few for my daughters too! Thank you! I am pinning this on my board at pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  18. girl, you are good!!! this is a great, and super creative, gift!!! one that will be enjoyed much longer than a plastic toy!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cute organization!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this idea! Thank you for linking to my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's a wonderful idea to celebrate birthday party.
    send gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I found it ok. You have better options than this one. How about natural themes?
    florist

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations on having one of the most sophisticated blogs Ive come across in some time! Its just incredible how much you can take away from something simply because of how visually beautiful it is.
    florist

    ReplyDelete
  24. A good thing about these goods is that they come in all kinds of flavors such as chocolate, vanilla and mint. If you are curious to know more about weird gifts, check here.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Amazing idea. I am impressed with your this idea. I really like tackle box. Keep it up and share more ideas like this. Now its time to avail Kabou taxi cab services in Southfield Mi for more information.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)