Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Patina Penny Ring

Hello Friends!  I hope all is going well!  I've putting off my "real" work to work on my "fun" work.  :)

Here are the fruits of my labor, a project that will give you a little luck everywhere you go! 


This project was very simple and cost just a few pennies (ha)!  :) You will need Folk Art craft paint in Patina, some super duper glue (I used E-6000), a penny, and a ring blank.  Not pictured:  a piece of paper towel or a cotton ball or a Q-tip.


Take a piece of paper towel and blot the paint onto the penny.


Now wipe off the majority of the paint, leaving just a little in the crevices and around the outside of the coin.

Repeat the previous two steps to build up the "patina" on the penny.  It will take just a few minutes for the paint to dry.


Flip the penny over and use E-6000 glue to adhere the ring blank to the back of the penny.


Let the ring dry overnight and then slip it on your finger!  Now you'll be carrying some luck around with you where ever you go. :)


I'll be linking this up to some of my favorite parties!  See you all tomorrow for a dazzlerific giveaway!

Photobucket

30 comments:

  1. What a fun idea Erin!! Love it!!
    Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh I never would have thought of this! And it's super cute!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to "20 Below Thursday"!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very fun! Where did you find your ring blank? I'm in the market for one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just darling Erin!! I love the penny ring!! So stinkin cute and clever!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really cute idea for me to give grandchildren on Christmas!! Yes, already working on that... lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are seriously creative to come up with this! Thanks for sharing, I will have to make one for me & maybe others, who knows. I guess they would know how much you spent on it. :)
    Jenn{redberrybarn}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously adorable! You are too clever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a concept....I love how it turned out. And I enjoyed how you displayed it for us on your blog.

    My Flaunt It link: A Beautiful Girl

    Do stop by if you get a chance to visit. Happy Happy Rango Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice! Really cute. And I am coo coo for that little yellow bird! :)

    Visit me at the-willow-bee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! Love turquoise and brown together! this is so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh pretty! You are so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and unique. Love the way you photographed the ring too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this turned out great. This is a great piece for a coin collector!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea, and it is so cute! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YEEEAAAHHHH, E-6000 is the best; you know it works because it has a cancer warning. This is an adorable project! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had a problem with my linky party code. I thought it was set up as a thumbnail party but it wasn't. It's all fixed now but can you add your link again? I''m so sorry for the inconvenience. :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Erin that is pretty much fabulous... HOW fun, and UNIQUE,,, and CHEAP, he he, in a good way of course.

    I love your little birdie too btw, it is TOOOOO cute.

    I would LOVE for you to link this up to my party Bella Before and After **AMAZE ME AUGUST**, and GUESS what? I have a fabulous giveaway going on this week for an original AVOCADO ART painting, by ME!! Come enter before it's too late. GIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support girl.

    Hugs,
    Bella :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Genius!! We spotted a brand new penny the last week in the change purse... It was TOO chiny and so much lighter in weight... Wont be able to do this with the newer pennies in the future!
    Fabulous job!
    Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie last week! I can't wait to see what you have for this week!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a delightfully cute idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saw this on Delia Creates - soooo cute! Love it!
    bugaboo, mini, mr & me

    ReplyDelete
  21. replica bags online shopping india replica hermes u5s71n7w95 replica bags hermes hop over to this web-site e9p95h1z03 designer replica luggage replica bags lv y0v91l6i43 replica bags vancouver check this link right here now p0o91p2j64 replica bags near me

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)