Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sutch an Inspiration

Happy March!  It is certainly starting to feel like spring in Texas.  We have had clear, blue skies and gorgeous weather!  It makes me want to go outside and plant something. :)  Of course I won't because I have a black thumb...not green...not brown...black.  I have a hard time keeping green things alive.  My father, the landscape contractor, is so proud.  :)

As I said last week, I'm not much of a St. Patrick's Day decorator, so I've been looking for ways to infuse the essence and fun of St. Paddy's Day without breaking the bank.  I've been trying to use what I have or repurpose other items from around the house.  I love these ideas from Blogland for some affordable and "green" inspiration:

I think these glass jars from Happy Clippings are a fantastic way to bring in a little green and a touch of spring.  Debbie used scrapbook paper, ribbon, buttons, and other embellishments to dress up these jars and then filled them with tulips.


Chelsea over at Two Twenty One spruced up some plain hurricanes by gluing Goodwill candlesticks to the bottoms.  Then she filled the hurricanes with dried split peas and tucked a candle into each one.  Simple, easy, affordable, and adds just the touch of green I'm looking for.  Plus, it's super easy to change out the filler with the seasons.


The first time I saw this frame from the Funky Polka Dot, I thought it was made from real buttons and I thought, "How cute is that?!"  But it gets even cuter (and better) because this is a PRINTABLE!!!  No, running out to buy buttons, you can just pop over to her blog and print it out...for FREE! :)


Hello, I'm Erin and I'm a wreathaholic.  I really do have a problem. My husband is staging an intervention.  :)  I adore these rainbow inspired wreaths! 

Real Life, One Day at a Time made this fun and bright wrapped rainbow wreath.  I love the trio of pom poms and the little message in the middle, "beauty comes after the rain."


Oh my cuteness!  It's like Wendy from Ramblings from the Sunshine State made this wreath for every girl in Blogland!  She incorporated our favs...pennant bunting and rolled up felt flowers.  The addition of the super chunky yarn is super cute too! :)


Ladies, thank you so much for sharing these projects!  You are SUTCH an inspiration! :)


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Those wreaths are super cute!! and thanks for the fun printables!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fantastic features Erin! I love the jars with the tulips. Nothing says Spring like tulips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those are bright and cheery and make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great projects! Thank you so much for featuring my wreath!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my printable! I love all the ideas - those wreaths are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erin, I love this feature on your blog--it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all fabulous features miss erin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhh....those wreaths are awesome!!!! I might have to actually make one this time :) Spring is seriously my favorite, but I never really decorate! So this might just inspire me. :) love it E!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for showing off my wreath today! I truly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)