Friday, December 10, 2010

Knotty Bag

Happy Friday, Friends!  I hope you had a GREAT week!  I've been in Arizona for the past week on business and am happy to be home and spending the weekend with the hubs and the monkey. :)  In case you missed it, here is the post I did last week over at The Scrap Shoppe for her Homemade Christmas event.  Enjoy!

Hello Beautiful Scrap Shoppers! :)  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be here and spend some time with you today!  I'm Erin from Crafts & Sutch. I love all things crafty and have been diagnosed with "I can make that" syndrome. I am constantly inspired by the things I see, so I like to create a little bit of everything. :)
Today we are making a gift any girl would be happy to receive...a knotty bag!


I got this super duper EASY idea from Martha's web site.  There are two ways to create the bag and I used both of them to achieve my desired look.

Here is what you will need to get started:  a scarf or piece of fabric (at least 36" inches square) and a pair of purse handles.  I got my scarf at a thrift store for a dollar and picked up the handles at Joann's for $4.20 (40% off coupon).


 Start by placing your scarf or fabric face down and tie a knot in each corner. 


Leave about a 5" tale on the end of each knot because we will tie them again later.  Here is what your bag should look like so far.


Now take two adjacent corners and slip them through the front of one of the handles.  Then pull them out to opposite sides.


Take each corner and wrap around to the front of the handle and tie a knot.


Repeat this process with the other two corners and you are all finished!


Can you believe how easy that was?!  I love how it's super slouchy and has a vintagey feel.


This is essentially two great gifts in one...a fun bag and a fantastic scarf! 


I have loved spending some time with you today!  I hope you'll stop by Crafts & Sutch and say hi! :)  Thank you so much, Michele, for letting me come visit!  I wish you all a very happy holiday season!


Have a happy weekend! :)  I'll be linking up to these fantastic parties!


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Stopping by from UTT&D, this is so cute. Great idea.
    http://www.alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful bag! I featured you today on my favorite things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made one and it was soooo easy! Thank you so much for this great idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)