Friday, February 25, 2011

Add This - Make it Easy for Your Readers to Share Your Posts

Hello Sweet Friends!  Happy Friday! I'm so excited for the weekend because I've been out of town the past two days and Saturdays are my solo day with the monkey!  :) Can't wait for Mommy/Little Man date day!

I'm slowly but surely entering the social networking world.  :)  I love Facebook because it's familiar and now I finally feel like I'm getting the hang of Twitter.  I love social networking because it's an opportunity for me to share cool posts I see around Blogland, and be able to discover new blogs when other people share what they find too.

That being said, it's important to make it easy for your readers to show you off!  Holly over at 504 Main told me about AddThis, an easy-to-install (and FREE) tool that makes it super simple for your readers to share your posts to their favorite social networking sites!

Here's how to do it:

Head over to AddThis.


Now make your selections.  I selected no on number two because I use a different service for my analytics.


Highlight and copy the code in the text box.

Open your template HTML, and paste the code between the [body] and [/body] tags (please replace the []s with <>s; see green text below).


Once you have installed the code, the AddThis button should appear at the bottom of your posts (see below).  Now your readers can easily share your posts to their favorite social networking sites.

I love Blogland!  I love our community, and I love the friends I've made!  It's important that we support each other, so make it easy for others to show you off. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!  Guess whats coming up on Monday!  St. Patrick's Day lunch sack messages! :)  See you then!


Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post! I will for sure be adding it to my blog. http://itsybitsypaper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to do this!! Must.add.this.weekend. Thanks for the reminder, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thanks for sharing. This was on my list of to-dos so I'll work on this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. Moon Walk just got a Twitter and I am just starting to get the hang of it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I added these the other day! Thanks for doing a great post about this topic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you liked my Anthro necklace tutorial! Let me know if you make one. I would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea! very cool.

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is perfect timing... I've been wondering about this. I recently added "link within"... I think this will be my next change. Thank you for sharing.

    I found you on Craft-o-Maniac's blog hop and am now following.
    :)Jan at Jewelry4Change
    http://www.jewelry4change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this tip! I have added this to my blog. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea, but I can't get it to work on each of my posts. Boo Hoo! I copied the HTML, and did a "add a gadget" thing, but i don't see how to add it to each post. Can you help? When you have time? I sure would appreciate it!

    ~Vicky
    http://keepmeburning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. thnk you...I have been wondering how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for this--I need to put this onto my blog again. I had it a long time ago and removed it for some strange reason--then forgot how to put it back on!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you I was wondering how to do this, now I will put it on my list of to dos on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)