Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Love Song Love Letters with {Printables}

February is just flying by!  I cannot believe Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  I'm so excited!  The house has little touches of red and pink here and there and I've just added the last decoration!  As promised, a project you will LOVE!


The original plan was to cover the letters L-O-V-E in old love letters that Mr. Sutch and I had written to one another, but I could not find them for the life of me.  ...and honestly now, I'm glad.  When I find them, they will be in tact and we can read through them and get all sparky. :)

So plan B was to cover the letters in love songs that were special to the hubs and me.   I copied the lyrics into Photoshop, made them pretty, and printed them out.  Now on to the good stuff...

To get started, you will need printouts of song lyrics (love letters, etc.), Mod Podge, craft paint, letters (I got mine at Hobby Lobby), paint brush, foam brush, pencil, scissors, super duper glue, and a skewer or Popsicle stick.


Plan the layout of the design.


Turn over each printout and the letter.  Trace around the outside of the letter with a pencil.


Paint the outside edge of each letter.


While the paint is drying, cut out the letters from the printouts.


Use Mod Podge to glue the printouts on to each letter.


Turn the letters over and glue them together.  Be careful not to use too much glue in between the letters.  You do not want it to seep out the front.


Use skewers or Popsicle sticks to add stability and support to the letters.  Glue them in place.


Let the glue dry overnight, display, and LOVE!






 Here are the printables for the songs I used to complete the project.  Please feel free to print them out and create your own Love Song Love Letters, or just pop your favorite one into a frame!

Someone Like You by Van Morrison

The Reason by Hoobastank

Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton (Kathy, thank you for the suggestion)

Your Day Has Come by Bebo Norman

To print, click on the image, click again so it displays in full resolution, right click, and select Save Image As.  Then open the file and print. :)

I adore this project because every time I look at it, I flash back to my wedding night and remember how much fun the hubs and I had dancing to each of these songs and it makes me feel all swoony. :)

Have a wonderful Wednesday!  I'll be linking up to these fantastic parties!



Photobucket

34 comments:

  1. I LOVE this. So much! Where did you get your letters? {the L O V E letters} I seriously need to make my own, so perfect for V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!!! Those letters look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks awesome!!! I wish I had time to try and make one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that!!! I wish my printer worked so I could print those out!! I hope your snotty noses dry up soon, I got my oldest son some mucinex today, we'll see if it works.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super fun, Erin! What a great idea! Love these songs. You are too sweet to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those printables are so sweet! And your letters turned out awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is sweet! I would love to have letters with songs from my wedding on them (I am laughing at the idea of a love letter from my hubby). Already following you here but also on FB too now!
    Holly
    504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea Erin!! I love the song lyrics on there! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your idea was so sweet ... both of them, actually! Ty for sharing the prints with us as well! This looks so lovely!

    I am stopping by from Show Off Your Stuff at Fireflies and Jellybeans!

    Stop by and check out my scrapbooking layouts if you get the chance! http://xsurvivingmotherhoodx.blogspot.com/2011/02/couple-of-scrapbook-layouts.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cuteeeee! Mod podge is a wonderful thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious! I love your choices of lettering.
    Another friday's favorite for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the LOVE! Stopping by from 504's link party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so adorable! Visiting from 504 Main. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute! And free printables? The. Best.

    I would love for you to link this project to my Fridays Unfolded linky at http://www.stuff-and-nonsense.net/2011/02/fridays-unfolded-5.html

    Now a follower too!

    Blessings,

    Alison
    Stuff and Nonsense

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you connected the letters! genius!
    super project for sure.
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very well done! I "love" it! :) please come link this to our party over here: http://www.bubblynaturecreations.com/2011/02/project-party-weekend-heart-shaped-ice.html

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super cute! What a great piece!!! I would hate to even take it down after the holiday :^)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! How fun and super easy! so cute can't wait to make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is adorable. Thanks for the lyrics, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't usually go for Valentine's Day decor, but I really like this idea - nice job! I love how you tilted the "O" too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Letters and the songs.
    I wanted to let you know I shared this link on my blog. Hope thats Ok. I just thought it was soo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are so cute. I love the letters.

    ReplyDelete
  23. So a cute project! I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! I featured this on my blog today http://iamonly1woman.blogspot.com/2011/02/happy-valentines-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute! I love it!

    http://carriscraftingcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for including Wonderful Tonight. That is our song and it always brings a smile to my face =)

    ReplyDelete
  27. these are so "lovely" :) I made some NOEL letters like this for Christmas and these are just adorable for valentines day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Did you use regular paper or cardstock?

    ReplyDelete
  29. You’ve got some interesting points in this article. I would have never considered any of these if I didn’t come across this. Thanks!. ukraine wives

    ReplyDelete
  30. Without a doubt, music is a standout amongst the most mystical production of god which have capacity of both alleviating our psyches when we are focused or in agony furthermore have energy to make go insane, move and just appreciate.http://punjabimp3free.com/videos/disc-ch-kalli-sharry-maan-mp3-download/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)