Monday, September 20, 2010

Welcome To Our Patch

Hello!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Mine was jam packed and is why I'm a little late posting today.  We had a garage sale on Saturday and then Kason's one year birthday party yesterday!  Yes, I'm a little crazy to attempt both of those endeavors in the same weekend, but we made it happen and both were a huge success!  :)  I can't wait to post Kason's birthday party pictures!

Now on to EEK Weeks!  This week's project is another wreath!  I think I'm going a little wreath batty. :)


You will need: a floral craft ring, wooden pumpkins, ink, alphabet stamps, glue gun, mini clothes pins, craft paint and brush.  Not pictured: raffia, brown colored pencil, and burlap like ribbon.


Start by painting the craft ring and the pumpkins orange.  Give the pumpkins some life by loading the paint brush with a few colors (orange, red, yellow, and brown) and then sweep the brush down one side of the pumpkin, then the other, and then the middle.  This technique is super easy and helps your pumpkins look more life like.


Give each of  the pumpkins a brown stem.


While the pumpkins dry, use ink to distress some scrapbook paper and stamp it with your welcoming message.  I used "Welcome to our patch."  If you don't have alphabet stamps, print the words out from your computer or hand write them.  I purposely separated some of the words to give it a handmade feel.  Cut out the words and set them aside for later.


Now arrange the pumpkins on the ring and then glue them down.  Repeat this step for the top layer of pumpkins.


Turn the ring over and glue on several strands of raffia to each side creating a line across the middle of the ring.


Clip the message onto the raffia using mini clothes pins.  Aren't they the cutest?


Finish the wreath off with green leaves on a few of the pumpkins, swirly vines drawn on with a brown colored pencil, some distressing ink or brown paint to create more dimension, and a burlap-like ribbon on the top.


I'm sad the pictures do not show the details of each pumpkin.  They are all a little different because of the painting technique we used.  This is a super easy project that could hang on your door or wall through Thanksgiving.  This is also a great project for your kiddos to help with.  They could paint the pumpkins and stamp the letters.  Too fun! :)

I'm linking up to these spectacular parties!


Photobucket

28 comments:

  1. Very cute! And I have to tell ya, I just bought those stamps at Target in the $1 spot yesterday. Can't wait to use them! I'm excited to see pics of the big birthday party!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! You did have a busy weekend and you must be exhausted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute! come on over and link up to MMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute, E! These Fall crafts are really making me wish there was a craft store here! Can't wait to see pics from Kason's birthday! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a cool one, I love the effect you got with the raffia and clothespins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable, way to go, its darling. Jen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really really cute! And it seems pretty easy to do. =)
    Where'd you get the little pumpkins?

    Visiting from Anything Related
    Becky
    mrsbettierocker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute fall wreath...i love how it is good for Halloween and Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooo cute! I love the writing and the tiny clothespins. Seriously adorable. Thanks so much for stopping by - I'm following now too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this bright, cheerful wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a very cute wreath! Thanks for stopping by and sharing your project with us at Anything Related!
    {Rebekah}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the addition of raffia and the way the sign turned out!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a creative idea. I like the little signs with the clothes pins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute, I would love for you to link up on my blog. http://oliviarenn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a cute take on a fall wreath!!

    I'm having a fall link up party tomorrow (friday) and would love if you could join!

    ~JILL
    envirocraftiness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another fabulous wreath?! You are amazing! And I think I love this one even more! :]

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great 3D effect you get by layering the pumpkins like that. I like the different colors too. Very festive! And those mini clothespins are indeed the cutest! It's a perfect wreath for the autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love this! The little words are so charming. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome! I love those tiny stamps...I think I have a few lying around. Love the idea of the pumpkin wreath :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a cute wreath, I would love if you linked it to my linky party!
    http://memakingdo.blogspot.com/2010/09/your-so-very-creative-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Please please please tell me that there is some sort of paper on your counter and you didn't get paint all over your granite!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a great idea for a wreath! I featured you today on my blog!

    Here's the link:
    http://moomootutu.blogspot.com/2010/09/welcome-trick-or-treaters-in-style.html

    Thanks for the inspiration & have a happy day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is really cute. I love projects that the kids can help with!

    Stop by and link this post up with my Thursday Theme Party if you'd like. I'd love to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)