Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ONE Out of this World Birthday Party

I cannot believe my little guy is ONE! This year has just flown by. We celebrated this past weekend with an Out of this World birthday party!

I started party planning by researching space themed parties on the Internet to get some ideas I could run with.  I found some great ideas here and here.

Invitation:  These super cute invitations that I made over at Picnik set the fun and spacey tone for the party!


Decorations:   I used my Cricut and Sure Cuts a Lot software to create a few banners.  This one is a countdown banner with a NASA rocket blasting off at the end. 


 This banner hung across another window in our living room.  It said, "Happy Birthday Kason!"


We bedecked the mantle with more NASA rockets.  Those are actually design your own shields that I found at Michael's Craft Store but I decided that when I flipped them over, they became rockets.  I covered them in aluminum foil and glued on a NASA symbol that I printed off of the Internet.  My husband's claim to fame are the flames! :)  

The rocket on the mantle is made from two formula canisters stacked on top of each other and wrapped in foil.  I cut the top and the fins (not sure of the technical term LOL) from craft foam and glued on an image of Kason looking out of the port hole.  :)  

The poster was such a deal!  I ordered it from PosterBrain.com for $14.99!  You read that right!  They are having a sale right now, and a 24"x36" poster print is only $14.99!  The quality was outstanding and I got this baby ordered and delivered in three days!


Four dozen balloons covered the ceiling to replicate a starry sky and we stapled stars onto the streamers and let them hang down into the room.


Kason's highchair was dressed up with some spacey bunting and a giant number one balloon.  The triangles are decorated with a UFO, a planet, stars, and the word ONE.  His party hat (which he didn't ever wear) is wrapped with ribbon and topped off with a big, brown pom pom.


Food:  His party was at three in the afternoon, so I thought a choice of desserts was the best way to go.  The treats were displayed in aluminum foil pans (easy clean up) and silver bowls.


We had Crater Cupcakes!  Little cakes that were dressed up to look like the top of the moon.  Each one had a Teddy Graham astronaut and an American flag on it. 


Moon Rock Rice Crispy Treats were topped off with a craft foam moon buggy that I found at Michael's on clearance.  Black Hole Banana Pudding had one chocolate chip stuck in the middle and the person who found the chip won a spacey prize.


Cosmic cookies were store bought and time friendly! :)


Beverages included Liquid Hydrogen lemonade and Rocket Fuel tea.


Kason's birthday cake was inspired from this Lunar Cake I found at Kraft.  I put my own spin on it and made it silver with crunchy moon rooks (silver sprinkles) on top.


No space party is complete without some starry-like bubbles dancing around the sky!  I found a small bubble machine at Wal-Mart for $6.00!  :)  The kids loved it, but we could only leave it on for a little while.  It started making the play mat super slick! :)


Planet Goody Balls:  Each kiddo got a planet goody ball filled with...well, goodies! :)  The big kids got squishy alien-like balls, blast off bubbles, a party horn, an asteroid ball, alien stickers, a flying saucer, starry headbands (for girls), and Starburst candy.


We sat them by the door with each kiddos party hat on top.  The party hats were too much fun.  They had shiny pipe cleaners with googly eyes glued on to them stuck in the top of each hat.  :) Very alien-like!



Kason's party was a spacey success and everyone had an amazing time!  We are so very blessed to have  friends and family love us the way they do!

I hope you are inspired to have an Out of This World party for you kiddo too! :)

Linking up to these super great parties and

Visit thecsiproject.com




Photobucket

17 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH! THIS IS THE CUTEST STINKING PARTY I'VE EVER SEEN!!!! I bet everyone had a "blast". heehee! Love, love the alien party hats! So awesome! Great job, Mom! I'm sure Kason will look back at these amazing pictures, and see just how much Mommy & Daddy love him! Wish we could have been there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative! My favorite is the black hole pudding idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love everything you came up with! It looks like it was a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the cutest party ever! You really outdid your always creative self!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute! I love the cupcakes! And those party hats are darling! I bet it was a fabulous party. Happy 1st Kason!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute party, Erin!! Your attention to detail is awesome. I think my favorites are the moon rocks and the little teddy grahams and flags on the cupcakes. Too cute! So how in the world did you make silver frosting???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute party!!! You thought of everything... love the balloons and the cake & cupcakes with the little teddy grams... i die!! Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the alien party hats and the balloons with stars on the ribbons. Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh The birthday party looks like such a blast ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are AMAZING!! What a great party!

    I'm following you on WW!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhh..! This is very good party. I never ever seen this type of party..Such A Blast.
    -----------
    Birthday Party Decoration

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was "sutch" a cool party. Thanks E!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! He is a one lucky boy to have such a wonderful birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Erin you did such an awesome job on this! I especially love the cupcakes. I hope you consider linking up to A Crafty Soiree, every Thursday at www.YesterdayonTuesday.com
    cheers! malia

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is such a cute idea! love how you used the theme in all the details..rocket fuel, etc. coming over from FFF

    www.thecapeonthecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. banana pudding parfait.......{drool}
    Super cute party, he's a lucky boy to have such a talented mommy!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)