Monday, November 22, 2010

Big Red Rosette

Hey, All!  I hope you had a great weekend!  I got to celebrate my first Thanksgiving last night!  It was absolutely delicious and I'm so excited I get to do it all again on Thursday!

Last week my family took our pictures for our holiday card.  I wanted all of us to dress in coordinating colors.  This year our colors were brown and red.  I found a great, little plaid shirt for Kason that served as the inspiration.  I found a super cute and chunky brown sweater for me, but I needed a fun red accessory.

Enter this insanely gorgeous rosette that Tanya made over at Trey and Lucy.  I knew it would pack the punch I was looking for.


I followed Tanya's tutorial and watched her do it a few times (she has a video tutorial too), and then gave it a whirl.  This is how mine turned out.


I used 1/4 yard of red broad cloth and it only cost .50!  :)  Isn't that incredible!  I gave my best effort at hand sewing, but I ended up hot gluing some of it because of my lack of sewing skills. :)


I finished the back with a piece of red felt and a pin.


Here it is in action!  The pin is gorgeous, and how about that little guy?  SUTCH a cutie! :)


I let a friend borrow the pin for her family pics.  She put it on her little girl's head band and it is just darling!


At that price, I will definitely be making more of these beauties!  I know my girlfriends would love these for Christmas gifts too!

Here are a few more of my favorite pics from Sunday's shoot.








I hope you have a great Monday!  Only three more days until turkey! :)

Partying HERE this week!


Photobucket

21 comments:

  1. Too cute! And you can take your pick of whether I'm referring to the brooch or your little guy. ;) I love the size of the flower! Definitely a statement piece. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so darling! I love it as a hat. I love it as an ornament on your jacket...cute as a headband. I'm wondering how she got it to stay in her hair. Probably a hair comb glued to the back. Have to check out her tutorial.
    xox
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. DARLING!!!! I love it!

    You should check out my blog at
    http://vintagewannabee.blogspot.com/

    mucho love
    -Nichelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, that is so cute! I love it. And how adorable are the three of you?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Very cute! I love Trey and Lucy, yet I am afraid to try this flower because it looks tricky haha. So good job, maybe I'll have to try it now!
    marthataylorphillips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute and creative! you are so pretty!
    I love the pic of you two in front of the aqua door!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lil family you have, and a very cute rose!

    ReplyDelete
  8. E, I love the flower and the sweater ... where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is really nice..cute family....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love the rose! So cute on the little girl! What fun family pics! Happy Thanksgiving!
    I hope you can check out my giveaway going on now, too!
    http://alittleknickknack.blogspot.com/2010/11/giveaway-with-speckled-dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am addicted to those things!! I cheat too and use a gluegun, instead of sewing them :) And of course burn the heck out of my fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my goodness you did such an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love love love the flower!!! Thanks again for letting us use it :) Ryleigh looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That turned out great! I'll have to make one these to wear on some my boring winter coats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it! Thanks for sharing!

    Holly
    http://hallelujahsbyholly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable family :-) The flower really turned out well and really does add so much to your outfit -makes it girly:-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Really really cute! I want to try to make one! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)