Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sutch an Inspiration

Hello and happy {late} Tuesday!  It's time for our next installment of Sutch an Inspiration.  Do you ever feel like there is too much inspiration?  Too many great ideas?  I want to do them all, but I do not have the time...and my husband would definitely throw in "...and we don't have the money!" :) 

On to the fabulousness...Maggy over at Red Ted Art's Blog shows us how to make these story cubes.  What a fun way to bond with your kiddo and really get their imagination running wild.  These could be used at any age by simply updating the pictures.  You could even toss in a Thanksgiving or Christmas themed block during the holidays to hear all about what your child is thankful for or Santa's adventures.


I love scarves, but in Texas there isn't a big need for them (I wear them anyway just because they are so darn cute).  Joanna from The Project Corner found a pattern for a simple neck scarf on marthastewart.com and shows us how she made it two ways...one for us no sew gals, and one for those of you who sew.  They are super simple to make and add just that little something extra to your outfit.


Heather at Paper Princess Chronicles made this Thanksgiving subway art burlap pillow.  I cannot believe she used foam stamps to achieve this effect!  I love the color combination and the little, yellow jewel in the middle...so cute!


Um..I LOVE this stocking that my bloggy friend, Mandy, made over at Mandipity!  She shares an easy to follow tutorial so we can all make our own.  I love how easy it is to personalize...simply change up the fabric and the icon in the middle of the stamp...and for the boys in our lives, just sew stripes instead of ruffles. :)


Ladies, you are Sutch an inspiration!  Thank you all so much for sharing your ideas!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my stocking Erin!! And I love your ideas for making it "boy friendly" :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas. Thank you for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that scarf! I'm a Texas gal too, what city do you live in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scarf... so darn cute! I'd wear it, too!!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing my Thanksgiving subway art pillow :)!
    Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)