Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall Trees

Hello Beautiful Bloggy Ladies {and perhaps Gentleman}!  I hope you are having a wonderful day!  I'm finally putting the finishing touches on fall decor in my home...I know I'm late...I procrastinate.  What can I say?

Thankfully, I didn't have to do too much to these fall trees that I made BB (before blogging).  Two years ago, Hurricane Ike blew threw Texas and left many of us without power.  No power means no work...for two weeks, so I had a lot of time on my hands and crafted up a lot of Halloween and fall things for my home.


I rescued these two branches from a neighbors "throw away" pile, gave them a coat of varnish, and plopped them in a pair of coordinating ceramic pots.  I decorated the limbs with fall colored beads.


For Halloween, the trees are adorned with gift tags I won off of eBay.  Each one has a vintage Halloween postcard printed on it and a little glitter for some sparkle.


For Thanksgiving, the gift tags are exchanged for fall leaves glammed up with glitter glue.


These fall trees sit on each end of the bar in my kitchen.  I love the natural element they bring to my home...and the little bit of sparkle. 

I'll be linking up to these parties!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. oooo hello, nice to 'meet' you - I found you via the blog hops, but just had to stay and look around your fab blog! We don't really have 'autumn' here as you guys do (we live in the subtropics), so these pics look amazing. I love a crafty blog too! Anyway, followed for you, please come visit me @ http://louandjane.blogspot.com/ All the best, Jane:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, these are pretty! I love a project that uses natural elements like this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute.
    I am a new follower. I hope you will stop by and follow me also.
    Nancy
    www.findingblessingsineverydaylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Thanks for sharing. (came over from Tea Rose Home)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! And yay for a dual purpose decoration! Those are the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your ideas! You're very creative! I just stopped by from the blog hop. I'm following you now, will you follow me?
    http://songberries.blogspot.com/2010/11/blog-hop_10.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so pretty! And I love the glitter finish you added. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! Just popping in from the Wedndesday hop & I'm now following your lovely blog. Stop by when you get a chance!

    living well, spending less

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love these. I think the beads are super great.

    I'd love it if you linked this up to my first Link Party Hooray for the Holidays! on Cross My Hooks.

    Popping by from Tools are for Women too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! The beads and glitter are such a nice touch. I'm gonna go find me some branches and make my own, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you added the beads....cute decor Erin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how simple and yet so pretty these are! Please stop by and link up this post if you get a chance! It's a great project for my Thursday Theme Party. :)
    -Jami

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome. Love the outdoors with the glitz.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! :)